Friday, November 2, 2007

Catchin Up

Hello to everyone.

My sister reminded me that it was about time to do another entry because it's been 2 weeks since my last post! Thanks sis, and here goes.

Even though this happened weeks ago, many of you may not know that the church in Kansas decided not to hire Ryan after all. As you might expect, because of our excitement and enthusiasm about moving to Kansas, we were quite disappointed and shocked. At first. We had, after all, already planned our lives in Emporia. In our minds, we were there. This was a done deal, no question about it. In hindsight though, we got ahead of God's plan for us. Sure, we prayed that His will be done and we only wanted to be where He wanted us, but we were convinced Kansas was where He wanted us! We are so very thankful for the time we did spend out there and for the friends that we gained and the lessons learned.

Many of you ladies who suffer(ed) from morning (all-day) sickness during pregnancy may be thrilled to know that I, the one who skated through 2 blissfully un-sick pregnancies, am now finding myself wanting to run to the bathroom any time food nears the vicinity of my mouth. I have to eat though, because my insatiable hunger, if it goes for too long, makes my want to curl up in the fetal position and die. So I choke down as much food as possible at a sitting and hope it stays down. I also cannot brush my teeth without gagging at some point during the necessary ritual. Must be a girl this time because everything's so different, right? I know this may be TMI for some of you, but hey, pregnant women love to tell their stories!

What else...oh yes, my parents came for a visit a couple of weekends ago. We had a super time as usual, and also as usual, the time went way too quickly. My mom brought Warren back the quilt she made him and by his reaction, it was the coolest thing he had ever seen. By far. We laid it out on the carpet and he squealed with excitement and walked all over it. Pretty cute. My dad is known as the Candy Grandpa because he spoils these guys with it, and he was true to his name again. He also brought Jake a cool new semi-truck which Jake loves, but you'd never know it by the picture.


Lest you think by these pictures that my boys never smile, here's a great one of Jake playing outside a couple of days ago.



This morning after Ryan got home from school we went to the park and let the boys play for a good long time. They had lots of fun.














On a super-exciting note: Ryan registered for his last class in seminary! Woo-hooo! Party time! What a great time it has been for us to be here, but we are eager to move on to the next step. We can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us.

That's about it for now. I hope you all are doing well and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

1 comment:

KNJ said...

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your yucky tummy feelings. Ick! I had morning sickness with both (that's why we were convinced this one was a boy, too) but never threw up. Whoever came up with the term "morning sickness" anyway? It definitely didn't only happen in the morning for me! Anyway, I love the new look of your blog! How did you get it to span the whole page instead of just down the middle with columns on the sides? I've been wanting to do that for a long time but couldn't figure it out.