Pumpkin Dump Cake
I found this recipe when I was blogstalking one day, and man oh man is it divine! I am a big fan of Dump Cake, and this one tops them all. I’ve made this before, and it’s going to be my contribution to our Thanksgiving feast at my in-laws.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. ginger
- 1/2 t. allspice
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Grease 9 x 13” baking dish or 2 9” pie plates.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together in mixer, pour into pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over top, butter on top of that. What I found works well instead of melting the butter, is grating the butter on top with a cheese grater, then spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50 to 55 minutes, watch toward the end because it will get too brown really quickly.
- (optional) Top with whipped cream.
Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!
“To God be the glory, great things He hath done!
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son."