Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tasty Tuesday!

Our Lives In a Nutshell

Oven-Easy Chicken

I got this recipe from my mom, and I have no idea where she got it, but it sure is good. And easy, a plus.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 t. paprika (I used smoked paprika, I love the flavor)
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1/4 t. pepper
  • 1 stick of butter, or less depending on how much chicken you use, or how many calories you want to consume that night.
  • chicken, up to a pound. I use chicken breast halves.

Directions:

  • Place butter in whatever dish you will bake chicken in the oven to preheat to 400* while you prepare chicken to allow butter to melt.
  • Rinse and dry chicken.
  • Mix all dry ingredients in a paper bag.
  • Add chicken, small amounts at a time, to bag, shake to coat each piece with dry mixture.
  • When butter is melted, place chicken in baking dish. Bake 15 minutes, turn chicken, bake another 15 minutes or until done.

Simple, delicious, easy, quick, what could be better? And, you don't need your stove, so the kitchen should be safe.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay - just printed that one, too. We always have all that stuff "laying" around the house so sweet - now I actually have something to make! :-) Thanks!

Lindsay said...

Hey - FYI - tomorrow you will have an award over at my place. :-) Yeah, weird...I'm actually doing something EARLY! LOL.

Julie said...

Oven Easy Chicken is out of Cooking Down East by Marjorie Standish. It's the same cookbook that has Favorite Chicken Casserole. I'm sure it's out of print by now. I bought it in Maine in the late 1980's at LL Bean.