Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tasty Tuesday-Thanksgiving Style

Our Lives In a Nutshell

Pumpkin Dump Cake

I found this recipe when I was blogstalking one day, and man oh man is it divine!  I am a big fan of Dump Cake, and this one tops them all.  I’ve made this before, and it’s going to be my contribution to our Thanksgiving feast at my in-laws.

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin
  • 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 t. cinnamon
  • 1 t. ginger
  • 1/2 t. allspice
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 cup melted butter

Directions

  • Grease 9 x 13” baking dish or 2 9” pie plates.
  • Mix first 8 ingredients together in mixer, pour into pan.
  • Sprinkle cake mix over top, butter on top of that.  What I found works well instead of melting the butter, is grating the butter on top with a cheese grater, then spreading evenly. 
  • Bake at 350 degrees 50 to 55 minutes, watch toward the end because it will get too brown really quickly. 
  • (optional) Top with whipped cream.

Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!

“To God be the glory, great things He hath done!

So loved He the world that He gave us His Son."

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay - now you've got me stumped....should I make traditional pumpkin PIE or the dump cake?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Thanks a million - I puffy heart DUMP cakes! :-)

Jessica said...

I can't wait to try it! I think I'm making that and sweet potatoe casserole (with roaches on top, yum! lol) for our Thanksgiving! Hey, that's our bedtime hymn for this month too, cool! We also sang it at church Sunday which was quite a nice surprise.

Summer said...

I just made this today...it was wonderful!!!! Thanks for sharing. It's a great alternative to pumpkin pie (which I'm not a fan of). :)

*** said...

Hey Jenny, thx for the comment! Glad you liked those crazy bridesmaid shoes cuz they sure killed our feet. I love reading your blog, it always makes me smile. Your tasty tuesday recipes always look so good and that pumpkin dump cake is one Im gonna have to try. It is crazy we are all grown up, I wish we lived closer to eachother cuz it would be so fun to hang out. I hate that we never see you guys. Your kiddos will be as tall as me before I meet them Im sure ( but hey its not hard to be taller then me..wink wink) Hope you guys have a good thanksgiving!