Monday, December 8, 2008

All Snuggled Up

I thought I would tell you all about one of my most favorite things ever—The Heated Mattress Pad!!

I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to slip into a warm bed when it’s chilly outside (and inside).  Now I understand that “chilly” is a relative term.  Here in the land of “Let’s Build in the Middle of the Desert” a.k.a. Southern California, chilly is about mid-50s, maybe down into the 40s during a really cold snap.  I know all you east coasters, and Montanans, and, well, everywhere else except here are all rolling your eyes at the computer screen right about now, but hey, at least you guys get SEASONS. 

007300-030-000_1My first experience with this modern marvel was at my parent’s house a couple of years ago.  My mom has one on the guest bed and we would use that thing even in the summer because in their warm months, the temperature is about equal to our cool months temp.  (They live in the S.F. Bay Area.) 

Now, the pure genius of this thing is that most have dual controllers for the 2 sides of the bed!  I’m sure my husband and I are pretty typical in that I’m almost always cold and he’s not, so I crank mine up pretty high while he keeps his on a lower setting, and we both sleep comfortably-brilliant!  Before getting ready for bed at night, I turn on the handy pre-heat setting, brush my teeth, wash my face, clean up a little, and bingo-I can get into a toasty warm bed. 

If you have never experienced once of the amazing contraptions, I highly recommend it, especially for those of you in colder weather climates.  A nifty Christmas present perhaps?  (That’s when my parents gave us ours.)

Sleep warm! I know I will.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay - although I keep my legs uncovered at night, I HATE crawling into a freezing cold bed, and my husband would LOVE one of those....and I suppose I could deal if it was dual-control. Hmmmmm. I may have to look into that - thanks for a great idea! You big wieny!! :-)

Lindsay said...

do you have a link to the kind that you guys have?

Summer said...

Okay, I admit, I was laughing a bit at your idea of cold..BUT...I must say you have a humid cold whereas I don't...and there is a big difference. I can handle 30degrees here but 30 back at my mom's in Southern Cali...I'm a wimp! That humidity adds a chill to the bone!

And one of the best Christmas gifts I've received is a heated blanket a few years ago from my mom. I love that pre-heat setting!