Saturday, December 6, 2008

I’m Still Here.

I’ve sort of fallen off the bloggy bandwagon lately, sorry.  We’ve had lots of sickies in the house, I think everyone’s been sick, and  now I’ve finally received the lovely gift of hacking and sneezing.  I thought I was going to avoid it this time because for days and days I only had a minor scratchy throat, but it found me. 

Poor little Aubrey, I actually had to take her in to urgent care Thursday night because she was having problems breathing.  She had this horrible croupy cough and was wheezing when she would get worked up coughing or crying.  The doctor gave her some liquid prednisone and that opened up her airway almost immediately and she’s fine now, just a lingering cough.

What else, what else?  Grammy came to visit the Master’s Kids with us on Tuesday, just like Grandma did last month.  It’s pretty neat when the kids get to bring a special friend along.

004

Here’s a funny video of Jake and Aubrey.  She was in the peak of her sickness (you can tell by her huge puffy eyes) but still thought her brother was hilarious. 

Well my friends, that’s about it.  It’s been a pretty uneventful week, except that Ryan is just about done with this semester.  He got the bulk of his work turned in last week, and what a burden lifted that is!  One more semester left, then we’re outta here!  Where we’re going, who knows (only the Lord), but at least there’s an end in sight now!

Ok, sorry about the boring post, I’ll have more for you later.  We’re going this afternoon to get a Christmas tree, so I’m sure there will be some fun pictures to post later on.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Glad you're back - hope you can remove the caution tape from around your sick home, soon! :-) My kids both have runny noses today - lovely. Let the fun begin.

KNJ said...

missing you guys a lot! i think we should get together soon... the park would probably be best, though. are you up for bringing everyone there? what kind of schedule is aubrey on? she's 6 monthsish right?... so 2 naps a day? that'll be really nice from now on cuz she'll be on the same schedule for the next year! no more figuring out timetables etc.! :) when is good for you guys?

G&S said...

Love to hear her laugh (from Micah)...