Saturday, May 24, 2008

Counting Down

As slowly as the time creeps by when you're anticipating a big event, looking backwards is a completely different story. I can't believe I only have 3 weeks until my due date (which means 4 weeks left until the actual delivery, based on my averages). I should probably start thinking about packing for the hospital soon, but the funny thing about this time around is that I don't feel any real sense of urgency. I should probably do lots of things, like wash all the cute pink clothes we've gotten and put them in the baby's drawers, although an important step before that is to get the drawers upstairs and in the closet! Maybe the most pressing thing is that we need to get cracking on a name. We rarely even talk about it, which is funny because it's such a huge decision. Ryan is in a summer school class which ends next Friday, so maybe after that we'll get serious about this baby and what needs to be done in anticipation of her arrival. (Let's hope it's really a 'her.') For now, I'm taking it super easy and enjoying the remaining time with just the boys.

ps-any name suggestions are welcome!







Me and my "baby"

4 comments:

G&S said...

How about Hilda Raven? Simone Lily? Or Bertha Jasmine? Those names could have some serious potential Jen!

Okay, let me think...how about McKinley? Abigail was cute but I know it's common! Shilo perhaps :)

Love you girl,
Shi

Jen said...

Shiloh is in the running for a middle name, just to let you know!

Anonymous said...

OK...I'll take a shot at this. Here's the short list:
Maren (of Norweigian descent...name of character in a book I'm reading)
Anabelle
Caroline

Another way to go about it would be to pick the initials you like and choose a name that way. For example, BLT=Barbara Louise Trzeciak, OUT=Octavia Uma Trzeciak...you get my drift.
Good luck! I'm sure I've been extremely helpful.

Your Favorite Aunt,
Lisa

G&S said...

No way Jen!!! Shiloh might be the middle name?? That would be so sweeeeeet! Can't wait to see you soon momma :).

~Shi