Thursday, May 24, 2007

New Directions

Well, Ryan and I had lunch yesterday with John and Maria Wernli, the couple from the church in Kansas that is looking for a couple of new pastors, and all we could say after the meeting was "WOW!" Believe me when I say that we had a fantastic time getting to know them and talking about their church and Ryan's school and our kids, among many other things. Even if we don't end up at their church, we know that we know that we will have friends in Kansas. We got along with them so well; it was very easy to talk and make conversation. Ryan and I got very excited about the ministry going on there, and they just confirmed that it is an excellent place for raising a family. (Am I rambling? There's so much to say, I'm just writing the very next thought in my head even if it doesn't go with the previous one!) We were very like-minded in our beliefs and convictions and from this initial first meeting, it seems like a great fit. They want to fly us out sometime in early fall, after we return from the summer in Castro Valley, to visit their church, meet the people, and see the town. We were just thrilled with the way our lunch went with them and can't wait to pursue this further and see where the Lord leads! We plan to keep in touch with them over the summer and keep building the relationship. Again, what comes to my head is "WOW!" It's amazing how the Lord changes hearts, well, mine in particular, from, "Oh no, not Kansas" to "When can we go visit?!"


Ok, I better stop my ramblings now lest you all think I can't write a coherent post!


Thank you if you've been praying for us, and we are so excited to share this journey with you!



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Some pictures too!



The Great Masked Jake



These were taken at my sister-in-law's baby shower last weekend. It was fun to get the family together and for everyone to see baby Jaina. I made that diaper cake for Christi. I made one for my sis Jess for her baby shower too last summer and discovered I like doing it! They are super easy to make...just roll up some 100 or so diapers, put ribbon around the whole thing, and add cute baby things. Hmm, maybe I should go in business! ("Diaper Cakes by Jen")
As you can tell from the other picture of Jaina, she had had enough of partying and wanted to get in to some comfy clothes! She'll be 4 weeks tomorrow; amazing how fast time flies!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I just have a feeling that the very same day we move back to the west coast you guys are going to move to Kansas and we'll never ever see each other again; the tornadoes will come and carry you off. You better come visit, wherever you end up!!

Jamielynn said...

OK...I am so excited that things went so well for you guys. What a blessing! Oh ya, and I think I am going to steal your diaper cake idea. How do you keep all the diapers rolled up? Do you tie them all together?