Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sermons and Summer Plans

Well, here we are, already one week of summer classes behind us and two more to go. Ryan is taking Theology IV which focuses on eschatology (study of end times/last things) and ecclesiology (study of the church). He is loving this class, especially since our pastor, John MacArthur, has been going through an eschatology study during the eve service on Sundays. We aren't able to make it back to the evening service with the boys, but we buy the cd's and listen to the sermons. I highly recommend this series to anyone who has an interest in learning about God's future for Israel and the Church; Pastor John is only four sermons in (with dozens more to go at least!) and we've already learned much. The title of the series is "Why Every Calvinist Should be a Premillennialist." It's comforting to know that despite all of Israel's unbelief and apostasy, God has not abandoned His chosen people nor His promises to them. The series has been a good reminder that God's promises are not carried out because of our faithfulness to Him, which is always far from perfect, but rather on the basis of His character and sovereignty, and simply because what He promises will come to pass. Psalm 89:30-37 illustrates this perfectly:


If His sons forsake My law and do not walk in My judgements,
If they violate My statutes and do not keep My commandments,
Then I will punish their transgression with the rod and their iniquity with stripes.
But I will not break off My lovingkindness from him, nor deal falsely in My faithfulness.
My covenant I will not violate, Nor will I alter the utterance of My lips.
Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David.
His descendants shall endure forever and his throne as the sun before Me.
It shall be established forever like the moon, and the witness in the sky is faithful.

All that to say that we are really learning so much and enjoying this teaching time.

So going back to my original thought about summer classes, I was saying that we only have two weeks left of summer school which means only two weeks until we go up to Castro Valley for the summer! We are all excited to be going up there and living with Grandma and Grandpa for about 10 weeks or so. For those that don't know, Ryan will be working for my dad doing various office/administration work for his construction inspection company and the boys and I will spend the lazy days of summer soaking up as much grandparent time as we can away from the hot hot southern California summer! After last summer being very pregnant in the middle of a 100 degree plus heat wave for several weeks with no air conditioner, this will be a VERY welcome change!

And now, what you've all been waiting for...PICTURES!



This is our neighbor girl, Anabelle. She always wants to come outside and say hi to and play with "Baby Warren." She and Jake are the same age and have a great time playing together. Anabelle has a baby sibling on the way and will be a great big sister.










We were all playing outside yesterday with our neighbors enjoying the great weather! Warren, of course, was playing with "his favorite", dad.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't believe how much alike Jake and Warren look! It's getting moreso every day I think. Can't wait to come this summer too and see how John reacts to getting beat up by your boys ;)