Monday, June 23, 2008

Girl Stuff

Hi all~

Not much new around here. It's been super hot here the last few days so we've spent a lot of time at Ryan's parent's house (they have air!).


Aubrey is doing great, still has a little cold, but I think it's finally clearing up. She's a great baby and the cutest little girl I have ever seen! I read Babywise before she was born and have been using those principles, along with tons of advice from my good friend Kelsey, and so far things are going great. One of the things the book emphasizes is that you're supposed to get the baby to take a full feeding at every feeding time as opposed to letting them snack a little and fall asleep every hour or so, and the baby will naturally transition to a 2 1/2 to 3 hour feeding schedule. That is exactly what happened for us. Aubrey is eating every 3 hours on the button. She stays awake for a little while after a feeding and then takes a nap. The consistency sure makes routine much more possible, which is absolutely essential with the boys. I highly recommend the book.
Many of you probably know that Ryan and I, when we found out #3 was on the way, wanted another boy. We thought it would just be easier since we already had everything for a boy. I have to tell you though, I'm loving all the girl stuff! Maybe someday I'll get tired of the pepto-bismol pink, but for now I love it all! The dresses, hair bows, socks, accessories and blankets are all so cute. Aubrey's quilt that my mom made is just perfect, and of course the pink camo Boppy cover is very fun. So suffice it to say that we're so very thankful the Lord blessed us with a daughter.
Hope you all are enjoying your summer!

No comments: