Monday, June 2, 2008

You'd Think I Would Know

As the title declares, you would think I'd know after having 2 babies what real labor is. We had a major false alarm this morning. I woke up when Ryan got up this morning at 4:30 and was having real (or so I thought!) contractions laying in bed for a little over an hour. I finally got up at 5:45 and informed hubby that he probably doesn't want to take a subbing job today because this was IT. Well, after a little while of being up and about things kind of cooled off. All you people who I would have called to say that I was in labor are probably glad I didn't at that hour! But I'm not discounting that I may be close because I have not felt "right" all day. Though this could be my body punishing me for the extremely long and active day we had yesterday. Our kids were certainly punishing us this morning for the extremely long and active day without proper rest we had yesterday, so why not my own body?

Anyway, onward...

Or rather backward...On Saturday we went out and did a couple of the things that were on my list to prepare for baby girl. We got some pacifiers, a Boppy cover (pink camouflage!), and an Icee to hold the boys over. The boys were thrilled with the pacis:





Warren couldn't figure out how to keep it in his mouth while saying "cheese!"

My sister-in-law Christi also gave us the baby clothes she had from her 2 girls, so I spent part of the morning today sorting and putting clothes away. Thanks Christi!

Let's go Baby Girl, I'm ready! (Well except for Shilo's baby shower on Saturday, I'd really really like to make it to that, since I'm in on the planning and executing of said shower! Hope I see you Saturday Shi.)

No comments: