Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'll Admit It...

I'm a blogstalker. I first heard that term when talking to my sister and she said her friend Lauren had applied it to herself. I am now claiming the title for myself as well. Whenever I go to my blog to see if anyone's made any comments, I dutifully check in on all of the blogs on my blogroll, as well as linking to others' blogs through those on my blogroll! For example: through my sister's blog, I link to Lauren's and enjoy the cute videos of her kids and her godly insight and wisdom. Another example, and this one is pathetic, I know, is that I go to Shilo's blog, then the Jones' blog (I have no idea who these people are), to get to the Sanderson's blog to check in on their baby girl, and then hop on over to the Munch Bunch blog, a family in our church that we sort of know. (Please don't think less of me because I'm such a nerd.) So remember, the next time you're wondering if anyone's actually reading your blog, you can be sure that I am! (So post some new pictures already!)

I say all this to tell you about the Sanderson's, a seminary family we know who had a baby girl born prematurely at 28 weeks. She's been in the NICU ever since birth, having fluid drained from her brain every day. It is almost assured she will have some kind of brain damage, but it is not known yet the extent of it. Before you start thinking, "poor family", I just have to tell you what an example of faith these 2 people are. Instead of sinking into grief, which would be easy to do given the circumstances, they are trusting that the Lord has led them down this road, and that all of this is happening for their good and His glory. I encourage you to read their most recent post, it will give you an idea of their faith and trust in God. I'm also adding them to my blogroll, so you don't have to go through 4 others to get there!

So, are there any other blogstalkers out there besides Lauren and I?


PS-Go McCain/Palin!

3 comments:

Summer said...

I admit it too! I'm a blog stalker. But there are just so many who have Godly wisdom that I love gleaning from!

Lauren said...

Okay, so I must confess that I was *in bed* when Jess texted me about your blog post, and I couldn't stand it - I had to get up. I am the Queen Bee of blogstalking, or my signature word: eavesblogging. I will seriously just click on interesting sounding blog titles in people's blogrolls until I'm reading about some complete stranger's ingrown toenails and it brings me back to reality: "I don't know these people! I don't care about their toenails!" What is it that we love so much about blogs? I'm planning a post on that soon, actually, so everyone who is eavesblogging on you can follow me to my blog and read all about that and other fun things, such as how to get poop out of your toddler's hair.

Lindsay said...

Well, obviously since you have NO idea who I am and I'm reading your blog, that would categorize me as a stalker, too...or a "lurker" as some say. But hey - if you check someones blog that you love and they have faithful followers, then you'll obviously have something in common, right?? Oh well, that's what I say to myself anyway. :) We know the Sanderson's b/c he lived in KS when we did and such. They are such Godly people it's amazing to see their faith through all that they've been through. Okay...now I have to go "catch up" on your blog. Hehe