Thursday, August 28, 2008

Somebody Pinch Me Please

Hi all-

I know we're not supposed to play favorites with our own dear crumb-crunchers, but if I were forced to choose who has been the best baby of the three, I'd have to say hands-down it's Aubrey. In her not even three months with us, she's already sleeping through the night (as defined by Baby Wise as sleeping a continuous 7 to 8 hours), she rarely spits up (many of you may remember that Jake was a projectile vomiter, and Warren spit up from the time a feeding was over to the beginning of the next one), and this girl hardly ever cries. Come to think of it, I don't remember the boys crying a whole lot either, just when they were really hungry or tired. But it's the sleeping thing that is absolutely amazing. I feed her for the last time at 10:30 p.m., and she sleeps until around 6:30, and today it was 7! What a good girl.

On another note, if you read yesterday's post, you know that it was quite a rotten day. Everybody in this house lost their minds; it was just one of those weird days where you're not quite sure what ever happened, you just know it was not good. But at the end of the day when I'm hugging Jake goodnight, he holds on for a few extra seconds and says in my ear, "Did you notice that when we disobey, God still loves us?" Now talk about melting my heart. If that expression were literal, mine would have been oozing all over the floor. I was trying to remember if I had reminded him of that throughout the day, and I did not, and neither did Ryan. It was just something he remembered from us saying it a while ago. Thinking about that later, I realized that the entire lousy day was totally worth it if my son was able to recall to his mind that important truth. It's amazing to see God's word and truths take root in Jake's heart.

Here's a short video of Aubrey. She's not doing much, just wiggling around and smiling a little, but for those of you who have never met her, it's a chance to see her in action! Enjoy, have a great weekend.


No comments: