Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Hi all,

We just got back from a long trip up at my parent's house. We had a great time and 8 days packed full of things to do. And not that any of you can tell, but I'm typing from our new laptop! Woo woo, it's fun to get a new computer courtesy of our wonderful President's economic stimulus package. Our computer was on the fritz so we got this shiny new Dell laptop to replace it. Amazing thing this computer is; it's got more memory and gigs than our old one, and much faster. AND it's midnight blue. AND it has a cd burner so we can finally stop taking chances with our digital pics and get them on discs. AND it has Windows Vista, which I happen to think is really cool.

Anyway, back to the week. Actually, before we left for our trip, we celebrated Warren's 2nd birthday with Ryan's family. (I'll put up pictures of all these events later, haven't quite figured out all the picture features yet on the computer.) The drive up went very well, better than expected with Aubrey. She slept most of the time and we only stopped twice for food and bathroom breaks. The week was taken up with lots of motorcycle rides from Grandpa and even one from Mommy. Yes, I gave Jake a motorcycle ride, but we didn't get a picture of it! The boys learned how to shoot a pellet gun, we had another party for Warren and my cousin Josh, and I can't even begin to count the number of owies the boys got during the week. At least 2 a day each. It seems the clumsy stage set it for both of them at the same time. We were all terribly spoiled by everyone, especially my parents.

Well, we made it back safely after a very long car ride due to CalTrans repaving Highway 5 and causing an hour long delay. We're all glad to be home (Jake even said so!) but miss grandma and grandpa lots (and Billy).

Like I said, I'll post pictures as soon as I get them loaded onto the computer. Hope everyone is well, staying cool, and enjoying summer!

No comments: