Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Have You Ever...

Painted a fish? Jake has. Today at Master's Kids. It was a real fish, a really dead one. And we painted it and smooshed paper on it to imprint the image onto the paper. Jake thought it was pretty cool painting the eyeball and that poor fish had more paint in his eye than on the rest of his body. The paper smells like dead fish and paint. mmm

I never thought we'd be doing that in preschool!

(I had my friend Heather take some pictures of us painting, so when I get those from her I'll post them.)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

um...that's gross

Jen said...

tell me about it.

Summer said...

That is gross....however, I do have a big piece of canvas with a print of a fish I caught in Alaska. It was cheaper than getting the big fish stuffed and mounted.

So, in my closet is a canvas of the 47lb King Salmon. The guy took a pic of my fish, painted it for the imprint and then used the pic to add the color and details of it. It's actually a beautiful painting....and thankfully it no longer smells like a fish!

G&S said...

Wow...a fish? Sounds like something I would have done in my 7th grade biology class (yuck!). SO SO good to read all the latest updates, I was having withdrawals (ha ha). Glad the Master's Kids is working out Jen, yay!

Love yas',
Shilo