Monday, September 29, 2008

Guest Blogger: Aubrey Rachel!

Hi guys, mom said I could write a post and let you all know a little more about me. Plus I have to tell you about this crazy thing she did, but more on that later.


So, I guess my favorites right now are my brothers, Jake is so funny, I like to smile and laugh at him when he talks to me. And Warren really likes to hold me, which I think is fun. He does get up in my face a lot, which isn't so fun, but I still love him anyway. Mom says I just have to remember that he's still little and doesn't know that it bugs me. What else...oh yeah, I really like biting when mom feeds me. She always yells when I do this; she must not like it too much. I love my play rings, and especially when mom and dad clip them onto my bouncy seat. I can't get enough of playing with them and grabbing on. My grammy just got me this awesome book. It's soft and has animal faces on it and whenever I see the bright colors on it I get really wiggly and my hands and legs start moving uncontrollably! I just love that book!

Here's a picture of me and my brothers. Who do you think I look like the most?



Now as for that funny thing that mom did: we were in the nursing room at church yesterday and I hear mom ask another mommy how she got a little bow to stay in her girl's hair. This other baby had hair like mine: None. Just fuzz. Which, by the way, is way easier to do in the mornings than lots of hair and makes going somewhere pretty simple. So this lady said she uses washable glue. An in a glue stick. Through my swallowing I thought I heard wrong, but nope! Well, mom decided to get all crafy and make a bow for my outfit this morning because none of my other ones matched and just guess how she stuck it in my hair? Glue stick! For the record, even though I pretend it's icky, it works really well. The thing has not come loose all day even with all my thrashing around in my sleep. Here's a picture of my glue bow.


I know it's not a great shot of the bow, but you get the idea. Don't I look cute? (Mom said that was really vain, sorry.)
Well, I sure am getting sleepy and fussy. I think it's close to nap time and I know that mom still hasn't cleaned up the kitchen from lunch, so she has some things to do too. It was nice getting to do this, hope I get to see you all soon!
~A.R.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Dear Aubrey,

Thank you for sharing. I love getting to know you. I cannot believe that little trick of using glue to get the bow to stick, but it sure works well and looks cute. And you are a beautiful baby.....I don't know which sibling you look like, but I do know that you are all beautiful children of God! Again, thanks for sharing.

-Summer

Lauren said...

Aubrey - tell your mama that toothpaste also works, and when your fuzz gets a little longer, she can put some sticky velcro on the underside of your bows and the loops will "grab" your hair, but won't pull coming out! ;o)

Jessica said...

Aubrey, you and your cousin Jeanine already have a lot in common! She has an older brother who gets in her face and bugs her too! When the two of you meet you can gripe and complain about those big brothers...and then secretly talk about how much you love them and want to be just like them too!