Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gee, Thanks JESS

OK, so these "Tagged" things are mucho annoying-o and until now I have avoided them, but will play along this ONE time. Jess, you don't get a Christmas present for doing this to me.

Here we go:

1. What time did you get up this morning?
Technically 6:30 because that's when Aubrey started stirring, but in reality it was 7:00 to feed her.

2. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds for sure. They're sparkly.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
The cinema? Well, I went to the movies and saw Batman Returns with my hubby.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
"24", but I also love watching HGTV and imagine all the things I will do to my future house.

5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Cereal and orange juice.

6. What is your middle name?
Ann

7. What food do you dislike?
Shepherd's Pie. Blech.

8. What is your favorite CD at moment?
I'm not sure, I guess I would have to say the new Third Day. Musically, it's awesome. Lyrically, totally lame.

9. What kind of car do you drive?
A 1998 Toyota Sienna, even though Ryan and I made a pact NEVER to drive a minivan. But what else are we to do with 3 kids in 3 car seats? Actually (secretly) I love it.

10. Favorite Sandwich?
BLT with Avocado, hold the mayo, add lots of mustard. mmm.

11. What characteristic do you despise?
Apathy. It drives me up a wall when people just don't care.

12. Favorite item of clothing?
my Eddie Bauer shaped fit dark indigo wash jeans.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Sicily.

14. Favorite brand of clothing?
Eddie Bauer or Land's End.

15. Where would you retire to?
Somewhere cold and snowy in the winter and decent in the summer...Montana perhaps, or certain parts of Canada.

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday?
I can't even remember my last birthday.

17. Favorite sport to watch?
Gotta be baseball!

18. When is your birthday?
January 21. Are these questions a little out of order?

19. Are you a morning person or night?
Neither. I'm a middle of the day person. Seriously.

20. What is your shoe size?
8 1/2

21. Pets?
Steve the cat. He's 7.

22. Any new and exciting news you would like to share with us?
uhh, no.

23. What did you want to be when you were little?
A veterinarian, I think. Later on, towards jr. & sr. high it was a teacher.

24. How are you today?
I had a stomach ache earlier, but now I'm fine. (did I answer that question the correct way?)

25. What is your favorite candy?
I like my sister's answer "the kind you eat." I quite agree, I love love candy. If I were forced to choose a kind with a gun pointed at my head, it would be Hot Tamales. My mom gave me a 5 lb. bag of them for Christmas one year when I was away at college and I think they were gone by January. Maybe February. I love candy.

26. What is your favorite flower?
Gerber daisy

27. What is a day on your calendar you are looking forward to?
November 30-Jake turns 4! Then December 20th-ish-the Christmas concert at our church.

28. What is your full name?
Jennifer Ann Trzeciak (again, questions a little out of order!)

29. What are you listening to right now?
Jake screaming on his bed because he didn't want to take a bite of dinner. Warren playing with the globe toy.

30. What was the last thing you ate?
Black eyed peas with ham and rice. Soo delicious.

31. Do you wish on stars?
No, I pray to their Creator instead. (good answer Jess!)

32. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Green.

33. How is the weather right now?
A little too warm for my taste for late October. Otherwise, very beautiful huge puffy clouds, turning orange and pink as the sun goes down.

34. The first person you spoke to on the phone today?
Ryan. I couldn't find the checkbook, but as soon as he picked up I found it in the spot where it's supposed to be. That's weird.

35. Favorite soft drink?
Coke

36. Favorite Restaurant?
Olive Garden when I feel like Italian, Chevy's when I feel like Mexican. McDs when I feel like taking the boys out for a treat.

37. Real Hair Color?
Brown.

38. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I honestly have no idea. I don't really have a good memory for that kind of thing. I can barely remember yesterday, let alone 20 years ago. (Are we almost done yet?)

39. Summer or winter?
Winter for sure.

40. Hugs or kisses?
Depends on who's giving/getting them. Ryan-kisses. My kidlets-different kinds of kisses. Everyone else-hugs.

41. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate

42. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Unless it's later in the day and I've already had enough caffeine but want something hot to drink, then hot tea. I love Constant Comment the best.

43. When was the last time you cried?
A couple days ago. I won't tell why, sorry.

44. What is under your bed?
Wrapping paper and ribbon/bows, a lumbar pillow (for driving while pregnant!), Ryan's slippers, a small-ish toolbox, and a broken down nightstand. We don't have a whole lot of storage, so there's lots of stuff under there!

45. What did you do last night?
Watched August Rush with Ryan.

46. What are you afraid of?
My children living their whole lives and never trusting in Christ.

47. Salty or sweet?
Both! I love lots of salt on popcorn, but as you already know, I love candy too!

48. How many keys on your key ring?
3...my car key, my house key, Ryan's parent's house key.

49. How many years at your current job?
Almost 4!

50. Favorite day of the week?
Depends on what's going on during that particular week, but usually the Lord's day.

51. How many places have you lived in?
7 different cities (all in CA) in 9 different houses/apartments.

52. Do you make friends easy?
Not really.

53. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Bad drivers who don't know the rules of the road.

54. We all waste time. What do you do that wastes the most time?
Participating in Tagged things. What a waste of time. Seriously though, I do spend too much time on the computer. It's an easy distraction.

55. Are you a nerd?
I don't know. To some, probably. To others, probably not. My kids don't think so.

56. Fiction of nonfiction?
Non-fiction, especially biographies.

57. What is something that you miss?
Hot Tamales when I don't have any in the house.

58. Have any hobbies?
Crocheting, reading. Not in that order.

59. What is something you're passionate about?
My faith. I love learning more about God's word.

60. What is something you've learned from your current job?
That little boy kisses and hugs are one of the most precious things on this earth!


I'm not tagging anyone because I don't think anyone will respond. I would have tagged Jess, but she got me first. So, there you all go, my little gift to you: not being tagged!

3 comments:

KNJ said...

THANK YOU for not tagging me. :) loved that gift. haha.

i LOVE the quote you have about children on your blog. is j.c. ryle the author of the book you have been recommending to me? about parenting?

Jen said...

Hi kels,
no, the author of the book is Tedd Trip-Shepherding a Child's Heart. Ryle lived in the 1800s and is a great author to read. I don't know what book that quote came out of, but it's good isn't it? I have it taped to my cupboard in the kitchen so I read it everyday. There'e more to it than what I put on the blog. Here's the entire quote:

"We must not expect all things at once. We must remember what children are, and teach them as they are able to bear. Their minds are like a lump of metal-not to be forged and made useful at once, but only by a succession of little blows. Their understandings are like narrow-necked vessels: we must pour in the wine of knowledge gradually, or much of it will be spilled and lost. Line upon line and precept upon precept, here a little and there a little must be our rule."

So good, but so hard to remember! Such great wisdom. Miss you!

G&S said...

Hey...why did you cry? :( As I was reading your answers, I had this whoa feeling of 'man, Jen and I are similar in so many ways'. Pretty fun to read :). Love the new look on the blogster and catching up!

~Shi