Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tasty Tuesday!

Hi everyone! Through my new internet friend Lindsay, I've discovered Tasty Tuesday and decided to participate. The way it works is I will post a yummy easy recipe that (hopefully) the whole family will love along with the Tasty Tuesday link so you can go and check out Lindsay's recipe, as well as others who are participating. In the end you will have some fantastic recipes that are pretty easy to make. So, drumroll please......the first Tasty Tuesday on Trzeciak Chatter (that sounds pretty clever eh?).


Tasty Taco Fillings
(recipe came from FamilyFun Magazine)
I made this last week and everyone, and I do mean everyone, loved it.

Ingredients:

1 T. vegetable oil
1/2 cup minced onion
2 garlic cloves
1 serrano chili, minced
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 teas. cumin
1/2 teas. salt
3 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken, I believe I used 2 chicken breasts (I cooked the chicken in the morning so I wouldn't have to bother with it at dinner time)
12 flour tortillas

Directions:

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and chili and saute until the onion has softened, about 6 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce, cumin, and salt and continue to cook for one minute more.
Add the chicken and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Serve in tortillas with toppings of your choice.

Sooo delicious, and a nice change from the normal ground beef with taco seasoning packet.
PS- Mom, this is the recipe I told you about a couple of weeks ago, so you'll want this one for sure.
Also-please go check out Lindsay's blog to find some other yummy recipes.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks for participating! I just printed this one out and told my hubby that he's going to be eating "experimental" food from now on! LOL. I love mexican food, too - so this will be awesome.

Thanks again! Glad you have internet back up & running...I seriously (and pathetically) don't know what I'd do without it!

G&S said...

I'm going to make your recipe this week! Looks yummified. So fun talking to you yesterday, looking forward to every week girl, get ready :). Love you! Cute pics of the kids by the way.

~Shi