Friday, January 23, 2009

The Day of My Birth

images I entered this world courtesy of my mother on January 21st, 29 years ago. Yep, that’s right, less than a year from the big 3-0. My troop and I just hung out all day until Ryan got home from work, then I went to Target (by myself, sweet!) to pick up some face wash and hair color. Ryan had asked me earlier in the week if I wanted him to make dinner, and while deeply appreciating the gesture I also know he is somewhat lacking in the culinary skills department due to never cooking, and decided to make the Thai noodles in Peanut Sauce that I had been wanting to try. It turned out ok, the recipe needs some tweaking, and when I get it right, you’ll find it on Tasty Tuesdays I’m sure.

(Quick tangent about Ryan’s cooking skills: before I went to Washington for the weekend a couple weeks ago, I had purchased all the ingredients needed to make a homemade macaroni and cheese [which, incidentally, is so delicious because it’s made with Velveeta instead of cheddar], but never got around to making it. Well, when I called home Friday night I asked the boys what they had for dinner and they said that daddy had made macaroni & cheese. Shame on me, it didn’t even cross my mind that he had made it from scratch, I just assumed he made up a box of Kraft. When Ryan got on the phone after the boys, he proudly informed me that he had actually made the dish with the ingredients I bought! I think a Dad of the Year award is in order here, don’t you agree? Maybe I could have trusted him to make a birthday dinner!)

Back to birthday business.

Ryan did end up making me a cake (yellow, with chocolate fudge frosting, my favorite) and it actually looked very pretty! He frosted it very well and of course it tasted delicious. After dinner I opened the presents my guys had gotten me, and after the boys were in bed I started the book Ryan got me, David McCullough’s The Johnstown Flood. (So far it’s awesome.)

All in all, it was a very nice day spent with my very favorite peeps.

039

040

The Sprinkle King used an entire container of nonpareils!

047 Of course the boys had to help me open my presents. :)

050

054 Being silly!

057

Jake is practicing his photo taking skills!

And I think I’ll leave you with an incredibly cute picture of my incredibly beautiful daughter, taken at Master’s Kids last week.

041

Check out all that drool on her shirt!

What a wonderfully blessed 29 years I’ve had!

2 comments:

G&S said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic of Aubrey!!! The blue brings out her eyes beautifully I must say :). Happy birth of Jen! Hugs~

Lindsay said...

Um seriously - happy very belated birthday! I feel terrible I missed it! Funny how just a trip to target, ALONE, is more than an excellent bday gift when you're "older" huh?? LOL.