Thursday, January 29, 2009

Skype-ing It!

So I discovered Skype and so far have talked with my sister-in-law Natalie, and my sister Jess.  It’s so cool to be able to see the person you’re talking to, although there are clear disadvantages to this mode of communication also.

  1. You’re pretty well tied to your computer.  Even if you do have wireless internet, it’s not much fun lugging a laptop all over when you’re talking.  Often when I’m on the phone I’m doing something else, like the dishes or straightening the desk or the kids’ room.
  2. Even though the live feed can be somewhat grainy, it’s SO obvious if one hasn’t showered or even changed from ones pajamas at 4 in the afternoon.  This sister shall remain nameless.  :)

Overall, it’s great to be able to see face to face people who live far away that you don’t see often.  My boys had fun talking with their cousin Johnny in Washington. 

If you’re on Skype, let me know and we can chat!  (Make sure you shower first though.)

004

That’s Jess and I talking last night. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey, I had a GOOD reason for not having showered yet...and my house looks so good so it was worth it...and I showered after the kids went to bed...ok you're right, it's gross lol! and you could have told me to smile for that pic, now I know what you were doing last night w/ the camera haha!